- Race registration Age Policy requires that as of race day;
- Marathon participants must be 16 or older.
- Half Marathon and Relay participants must be 14 years or older.
- 10K participants must be 10 years or older.
- 5K participants have no age restriction.
- Mini Marathon age restrictions vary by event. Please see individual event.
- Parents/guardians must sign the online waiver at registration for participants aged 18 or under.
- Event organizers reserve the right to require proof of age.
- The Marathon and Marathon Relay courses open at 8am and close at 2pm race day.
- The Half Marathon course opens at 8am and closes at 12pm on race day.
- The 10KM course has a start time of 8:30am and closes at 12pm race day.
- The Night Owl 5K has a start time of 8pm and closes on 9:30pm race day.
- The Queen City Marathon assumes no responsibility (including traffic control, medical and aid station support) for registered participants still out on the course after these times. However, out of respect for the dedication and determination of our participants, a skeleton finish line, timing and medical crew will typically remain in place until the final participant crosses the finish line in victory. This crew will remain in place solely at the discretion of the Queen City Marathon.
- Strollers are only permitted on the Family 5K and Night Owl 5K.
- Strollers are prohibited on all other courses.
- All children in strollers must be a registered participant in the event.
Our 42.2K event currently allows standard push-rim racing wheelchairs, as well as hand-cycles. They both participate in the same category.
The course surface is primarily paved pathways, with some residential streets. There are some curbs present where pathways merge with streets and vice-versa. There are also some wooden, two-way-single-file pedestrian bridges.
The wheelchair 42.2K event is reserved for athletes classified as having a disability requiring the use of a wheelchair. Able-bodied individuals may not participate in the wheelchair event.
Minimum age is 16 on race day.
Wheelchair participants start 5 minutes early, at 7:55 AM. Please make sure you are in position at the starting line no later than 7:50 AM. Please allow yourself enough time to get through the crowds and into position. If you require assistance, do not hesitate to ask our QCM volunteers to assist you.
- For runner safety, music devices are not encouraged.
- If a runner puts themselves or other runners at risk through an unsafe act that event officials determine was caused directly or indirectly through the use of a headphones, the runner may be removed from the course and disqualified.
- No pets or animals are allowed on the course, with the exception of official service animals for individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities, who wish to use their service animal during the race, should contact the Queen City Marathon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, there is. The Pre-Race Bag Drop Off & Storage Tent is open race Sunday at 6:30 AM. Please arrive early and allow at least 60 minutes to check in your gear so you are not in a last-minute rush before the start of the race. Lost and unclaimed items are not the responsibility of the QCM.
NOTE: FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS, VOLUNTEERS AND SPECATORS:
- ALL BAGS, BACKPACKS, LARGE PURSES, ETC, INCLUDING SPECTATOR BAGS, ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH.
- ANY UNATTENDED BAGS WILL BE REMOVED
- ALL ITEMS LEFT AT THE BAG DROP TENT MUST BE IN A CLEAR PLASTIC BAG, LABELED WITH YOUR PRINTED FIRST AND LAST NAME AND RACE NUMBER.
- CLEAR PLASTIC BAGS WITH BLANK LABELS ARE AVAILABLE AT RACE PACKAGE PICKUP. PLEASE TAKE ONE IF YOU PLAN TO CHECK GEAR AT THE BAG DROP TENT.
- PRINT YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME AND RACE NUMBER ON THE BAG LABEL AHEAD OF TIME AND HAVE YOUR CLEAR PLASTIC GEAR BAG READY BEFORE HEADING TO THE BAG DROP TENT.
- GET TO THE BAG DROP TENT EARLY. ALLOW EXTRA TIME IN CASE THE LINEUP IS LONG.
Excess clothing can be dropped off at any aid station location on the course.
All clothing collected will be returned to the Information Tent after the course closes at 2:00 PM. Lost, unidentified and unclaimed clothing or personal effects are not the responsibility of the Queen City Marathon organizers or volunteers.
Several days following the race, unclaimed items will be taken to the Modular Storage Regina, where they can be claimed. Clothing that is still unclaimed after a couple of weeks will be donated to a local charity thrift shop.
PLEASE WRITE YOUR NAME ON YOUR CLOTHING OR PERSONAL ITEM IF YOU WANT A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING IT BACK.
Marathon-Photos.com is the official photographer of the GMS Queen City Marathon, and they will be at the finish line to capture that magical moment when you raise your hands in victory and shout: “Hallelujah, I can stop now!”
Photographers will also be located at several points along the course to snap photos of you in all your athletic, kick-butt glory, so remember to smile and try not to look quite so sweaty.
Photo hint: Make sure your race bib is clearly visible on the front of your shirt, since photos are identified by race numbers and, if the camera can’t see your number, it’ll be hard to find your photos when you go to order them.
Race certificates are available for downloading for FREE shortly after race day at Marathon-Photos.com.
If you wish to have a friend guide you during the race, arrangements can be made to accommodate that. Your guide must stay with you for the duration of the race.
Your guide may register as a QCM participant or not, according to their choice.
If your guide is a registered participant, they must wear their regular race bib as well as a second race bib that says: “GUIDE”, which the QCM will provide upon notice. They will receive their own timing chip and will receive an official time and a finisher medal.
If your guide is NOT a registered participant, the QCM will provide your guide with a race bib that says: “GUIDE”. Your guide will receive the same on-course and post-race support as a registered participant, but they will NOT receive a timing chip or an official time, nor will they automatically receive a finisher medal.
To make arrangements in advance, please email email@example.com ASAP.